ORGANISATION/COMPANY: WavEC Offshore Renewables
RESEARCH FIELD: Numerical modeling of marine renewable technologies
RESEARCHER PROFILE: Senior engineer
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 09/05/2018 00:00 – UTC
LOCATION: Lisbon, Portugal
About the organization
WavEC Offshore Renewables is a private non-profit organisation dedicated to the development and promotion of offshore renewable energy, through technical and strategic support to companies, R&D institutions and public entities. Since its creation in 2003, WavEC has focused its activity on R&D&I applied to offshore renewables (device design, monitoring and techno-economic optimization, environmental assessment, policy support and dissemination, among others), rapidly becoming an institution of reference across Europe.
With a considerable body of work developed at national, European and international levels, which resulted in the consolidation of a network of more than one hundred international partners and the rendering of services across the globe (e.g. Australia, Chile, Costa Rica, European countries, Korea and USA), the expertise of WavEC’s multidisciplinary team covers the different areas of the innovation process in the development of offshore renewable energy projects. These areas include, but are not limited to, conceptual analysis, numerical and experimental modelling, technical due-diligences, prototype monitoring, product development and prototype testing.
About the position
The areas covered by this position include the use of numerical tools to analyze the dynamics and performance of marine technologies for renewable energy generation. The candidate will be involved in all tasks related to performance assessment, farms layout definition, study of umbilical dynamics, O&M strategy definition/optimization, control aspects, etc
Besides specific technical work and consultancy services in the field of numerical modelling of marine renewables and related areas, the candidate is expected to coordinate European funded projects.
The value of the contract will be defined accordingly with the candidate expertise and CV. This is complemented by additional benefits of WavEC Offshore Renewables employees (private health insurance and bonus).
• Postdoc or scientific qualifications at PhD-level or similar scientific qualifications.
• A degree in mechanical, civil, electrotechnical or naval engineering.
• Strong skills in numerical modelling and previous work experience with numerical tools (e.g. Wamit, FAST, Orcaflex or similar codes)
• Experience in the participation in relevant research or industrial projects related to Marine Energy, Offshore aquaculture is preferred.
• The candidate must be able to work independently, with large autonomy and be project oriented.
The application must contain the following:
• A curriculum vitae with a motivation letter wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position.
Further information regarding the position can be obtained by contacting:
Pedro Pires (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marco Alves (email@example.com)